Green tea is a traditional Japanese Drink – you might like to use this delicious dessert as the perfect ending to a Japanese meal, such as Sushi.
Green Tea Icecream
1 tablespoon green tea
¼ cup boiling water
300ml thickened cream
1 cup icing sugar
½ cup red bean paste
1 tablespoon brandy
½ cup water
1. Place tea in a bowl.
2. Add boiling water.
3. Cover and leave till cold.
4. Strain tea.
5. Seperate eggs.
6. Beat egg whites to soft peaks.
7. Beat icing sugar into egg whites.
8. Add egg yolks and beat to combine.
9. Beat cream to soft peaks.
10. Fold cream and tea into egg mixture.
11. Pour into freezer tray and freeze till set.
12. Place bean paste and brandy in saucepan and mix well.
13. Gradually stir in water.
14. Stir over medium heat until mixture boils.
15. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
16. Add Green Tea Icecream to serving bowls or glasses.
17. Pour Bean Sauce over icecream.