With the increasing popularity of ‘cooking shows’ during prime time on the television (eg. ‘Master Chef), more and more children are showing an interest in what happens in the kitchen.
Here’s a simple recipe for the kids in your kitchen, that is fun to make, allows a little creative licence for the children, and is a delicious treat for all.
1 large onion
4 slices ham
200g packet Jatz Biscuits
¼ cup milk
1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs
¼ cup tomato paste
½ cup grated cheese
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1. Preheat moderate oven 180° c
2. Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm lamington tin with baking paper.
3. Chop onion, capsicum and ham.
4. Crush biscuits
5. Lightly beat eggs
6. Melt butter
7. Combine butter, onion, capsicum, ham, biscuits, milk, herbs and eggs in a large bowl.
9. Press into tin.
10. Spread pasta sauce across the top.
11. Top with cheese and paprika.
12. Bake 25 minutes.
13. Cut into bars.
Can be eaten either hot or cold. The children may like to add some more of their favourite vegetables to the pizza bars, like mushrooms, shallots, etc.