With a bar-like set up in your kitchen why not treat your guests to some nibbles while they down their favourite wine or ale. Here’s a neat recipe for a bowl of nuts that will have your guests begging for more.
Sweet and Spicy Nuts
250g blanched almonds
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Pre-heat oven to 180° C.
2. Place almonds and pecans on a large banking tray and bake for 7 minutes, or until nuts are golden and crisp.
3. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
4. Combine sugar, salt, pepper and spices in a small bowl and mix well.
5. Heat a large frying pan to medium heat.
6. Add the nuts to the pan.
7. Sprinkle spice mixture over the nuts.
8. Cook the nuts, stirring for 5 minutes. The sugar should melt and coat the nuts. Shake the frying pan regularly to ensure even cooking.
9. Remove the pan from the heat.
10. Spread the nuts on a lightly oiled baking tray to cool.