Delights of a Country Kitchen
What could be more delightful than sharing a coffee and home-baked cake in the setting of a country kitchen?
Here’s a recipe for a cake that is light, easy to bake and sure to please every visitor to your kitchen – young and mature.
Pineapple-Banana and Mango Cake
2 mashed bananas
Â½ cup drained crushed pineapple
1 Â¼ cups caster sugar
1 Â¾ cups self raising flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Â¾ cup olive oil
Â¼ cup pineapple juice
250g cream cheese
1 Â½ cups icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to moderate temperature (180Â° c)
2. Grease 23cm round cake tin.
3. Place bananas, pineapple, sugar, flour and cinnamon in a large bowl.
5. Whisk oil, pineapple juice and eggs.
6. Add oil mixture to banana mixture.
7. Stir until completely combined and smooth.
8. Pour into cake tin and smooth the surface.
9. Bake 1 hour.
10. Remove from oven and allow cake to cool in tin for 10 minutes.
11. Turn cake onto wire rack and allow to cool completely.
12. Icing: Beat the cream cheese and icing sugar until light and fluffy.
13. Cut the cake in half (horizontally) so it creates 2 layers of cake.
14. SpreadÂ about a thirdÂ of the icing on the top of the bottom cake layer and top with slices of mango.
15. Place the top cake layer on top.
16. Cover top of cake with remaining icing.