A Recipe for the Entertainer’s Kitchen
If you have a deep fryer then so much the better – but you can whip up these delicious treats in a deep pan. They are perfect for serving as a snack or entree on a cool afternoon or evening…
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon sweet chilli sauce
2 cloves crushed garlic
3/4 cup water
red capsicum, cut into thick strips
cauliflower, cut into florets
broccoli, cut into florets
button squash, cut into quarters
eggplant, cut into thick slices
Olive Oil for deep frying
1. Add flour, coriander, turmeric, chilli sauce and garlic to a bowl. Stir.
2. Make a well in centre of mix.
3. Add water and stir to make a thick, smooth batter.
4. Heat oil in deep fryer or deep pan.
5. Dip vegetables into batter.
6. Cook vegetables in batches for approx. 4 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Drain on paper towels.
8. Serve vegetables pakoras with a bowl of sweet chilli sauce.