Kitchen Design: Top 5 Kitchen Fixtures
If you want to create the perfect kitchen, you”™ll need to choose fixtures that combine beauty with function and blend seamlessly with the rest of the space. Consider the features below when planning your dream kitchen.
1. Appliances. While gas cooktops have typically beaten their electric counterparts in most comparisons, the advent of induction technology has seen a rise in the popularity of electric cooktops. If you do choose gas and your kitchen doesn’t have a gas line, this will need to be installed at an extra cost. In terms of range hoods, you”™ll need to choose from canopy, slide-out or fixed. Canopies provide more advanced functions but are more difficult to install, while you”™ll also need to consider how your range hood will be vented.
2. Benchtops. The list of benchtop surfaces is seemingly endless and includes high pressure laminate, natural stone, reconstituted stone, acrylic, timber, stainless steel, glass and polished concrete. Each surface has its own list of strengths and weaknesses, so consider style, durability and cost when making your selection.
3. Sinks. The sink is at the centre of any kitchen chore, so consider how you use your sink to decide on the best option for you. Choices include single bowls or multiple bowls of different sizes and shapes, while materials used include stainless steel, cast iron, composites and solid surfaces.
4. Internal hardware. Choosing the right internal hardware is vital to ensure your kitchen is functional and easy to use. Choices include soft-close doors and drawers, touch-opening cupboards, innovative storage options for drawers and cabinets, plus clever rubbish and recycling solutions.
5. Handles. Though they may seem small and insignificant, handles can have a huge influence on a kitchen”™s character and feel. Do you want a streamlined look or would you rather make a dramatic statement? Options include knobs and pulls in a range of shapes and sizes, integrated handles and touch openers.
At Nouvelle, we pride ourselves in working closely with our clients to ensure that they select the right fixtures for their kitchen and for their budget. With our full service approach to designing kitchens we make sure that nothing is left to chance and that the fixtures are planned in from the very beginning.